- Cooking Time: 50 minutes
- Servings: 24 servings
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 7x3 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, vanilla, water and sugar until well
- blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into the prepared pans.
- Bake for about 50 minutes in the preheated oven. Loaves are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Makes 3 loaves.
NotesNice and spicy with cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. It improves with age and freezes well. Got rave reviews on this one.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!See More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More