- Cooking Time: 50 minutes
- Servings: 24 servings
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 7x3 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, vanilla, water and sugar until well
- blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into the prepared pans.
- Bake for about 50 minutes in the preheated oven. Loaves are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Makes 3 loaves.
NotesNice and spicy with cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. It improves with age and freezes well. Got rave reviews on this one.
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Jesuit Tampa - Between Practice and Homework
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Zesty Taco Stew with Cheddar-Stuffed Cornbread Dumplings
Fried OystersSee More