- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 16 ounces solid pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Chocolate chips, optional
- Chopped pecans, optional
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar.
- Add eggs; mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients; stir into creamed mixture until moistened.
- Add vanilla and pumpkin.
- Stir in chocolate chips or pecans, if desired.
- Pour into two greased 9-by-3 inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for an hour or until bread tests done.