- Cooking Time: 180
- Preparation Time:
- 1 29-oz can pumpkin puree
- 1-1/2 c firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 c mild honey
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar (don't skip this)
- 3/4 teaspoon apple/pumpkin pie spice (or equivalent)
- Put everything in a slow cooker and stir until well mixed. (Some lumps in the sugar are okay).
- Scrape down the sides with a spatula.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lid and cook on HIGH for another 30-50 minutes to reach the desired thickness.
- Turn off cooker and let cool to room temp in the crock.
- Store, covered in refrigerator, for up to 6 weeks, or freeze up to 3 months.
NotesThis is a recipe from a friend on www.thenest.com. She shared it to cheer us up and I wanted to share the recipe with all of you because it is amazing. Thanks SarahT!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
Watt's Cooking in PA?
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More