- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 12-15
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 & 1/3 cups brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmet
- juice of half a lemon
- Combine pumpkin, apple juice, spices, and sugar in a laerge saucepan; stir well. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes or until thickened. Stir frequently. Adjust spice to taste. Stir in lemon juice, or more to taste.
- Once cool, pumpkin butter can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge.
- To preserve: Spoon hot pumpkin mixture into hot jars, filling to within 1/4 inch from top. Remove air bubbles; wipe jar rims. Cover at once with metal lids, and screw on bands. Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
The Best Baked Potato SoupSee More