- Cooking Time: 35 to 45
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup whiskey (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 stick of softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup plain, unflavored yogurt
- 1 cup canned or fresh pumpkin puree
- FOR THE WHISKEY WHIPPED CREAM:
- 1 cup heavy cream, very cold
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons whiskey
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray 9 x 13 inch pan with baking spray; line with a piece of Reynolds parchment to fit bottom of pan and spray bottom again.
- Combine whiskey and raisins in a bowl and allow to soak for awhile.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Add butter to a mixing bowl and beat. Add sugar and beat.
- Add in eggs 1 at a time, beating after each egg.
- Add yogurt and pumpkin and mix gently until just combined.
- Add flour mixture in increments, beating until just combined.
- Drain raisins and stir in by hand.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 10 minutes before turning out onto a rack. Peel parchment from cake and allow cake to cool.
- When cake is cool, make Whiskey Whipped Cream:
- Combine ingredients and begin mixing immediately on high speed until stiff, about 4 minutes.
- Spoon over cooled cake.
NotesThis recipe comes courtesy of ThePioneerWoman.com. The raisins are soaked in whiskey, which makes a nice contrast to the pumpkin, without being ovepowering. If you can't find plain unflavored yogurt, you can substitute sour cream. It's a wonderful dessert!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Lau Family RecipesSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More