PUMPKIN CARAMEL CHEESECAKE
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 c finely crushed gingersnap cookies (30 cookies)
- 1/4 c butter or margarine, melted
- 3 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c butter, softened (do not use margarine)
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 2 c canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/2 cup caramel topping
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c slicd almonds
- 1/3 c granulated sugar
- 1 c whipping cream
- 2 TBS brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Heat oven to 350
- Wrap foil around outside of bottom and side of 9-inch spring form pan to catch drips.
- Spray bottom of pan with cooking spray in small bowl, stir crust ingredients until well mixed.
- Press mixture in bottom of pan.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed just until smooth and creamy.
- Do not overheat.
- On low speed, gradually beat in 1 cup granulated sugar.
- Add pumpkin; beat until blended.
- Beat in caramel topping and flour.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, just until blended.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325F.
- Pour filling into partially baking crust.
- Place springform in lage roasting pan; pour hot water into roasting pan until one-fourth full. Bake 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 25 minutes or until edge of cheese cake is set at least 2 inches from edge of pan but tcent of cheesecake still jiggles slightly when moved.
- Cool completely in pan on cooling rack, about 1 hour.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours before serving.
- In 10 inch nonstick skillet, cook almonds over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes, stirring constantly, until just beginning to brown; sprinkle 1/3 cup granulated sugar over almonds.
- Continue cooking and stirring 2 to 3 minutes longer or until sugar is melted and almonds are coated.
- Spread almond mixture on sheet of foil sprayed with cooking spray. Cool 2 to 3 minutes; break apart.
- In chilled medium bowl, beat topping ingredients with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Serve slices of cheesecake topped with whipped cream and almonds.
- Prep Time 20 minutes,
- Start to Finish 10 hours 50 mins
NotesFrom Betty Crocker Thanksgiving
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Baked Spaghetti Casserole
Award - Winning Tortilla SoupSee More