- Cooking Time: 75 minutes
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
- 8 Tbsp butter
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (Special Dark and dutch-process make a darker brownie but unsweetened/natural works fine)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 oz reduced-fat cream cheese, at room temp
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground all spice
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-inch pan with baking spray.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate together, stirring between 30-second cooking intervals. Whisk until completely smooth.
- Whisk in 1 cup sugar and then add 3 of the eggs, one at a time, whisking between each addition.
- Whisk in the dry ingredients: 1 cup flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- Transfer batter to the greased pan and spread the batter evenly.
- In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese and 2 Tbsp sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the canned pumpkin and beat until thoroughly combined. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Add the 2 Tbsp flour and ground spices (alternately, you can use 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice in place of the 5 ground spices).
- Using a spoon or rubber spatula, create wells in the top of the brownie batter. Spoon the pumpkin cheesecake mixture into the wells. Use the tip of a knife to swirl the chocolate and pumpkin together. (The two batters have different consistency so use a swirl-and-fold motion to bring the chocolate swirl to the top.)
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, 40-50 minutes. Cool in pan for 30 minutes before cutting into 16 squares and serving.
- Leftovers will keep in a covered cake plate for 3-4 days. They can also be wrapped and frozen.
NotesMoist, rich brownies swirled with a pumpkin spiced cheesecake.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More