PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE WITH BOURBON SOUR CREAM TOPPING
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1-1/2 cup solid pack pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 24 oz. cream cheese, cut into bits and softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon bourbon liqueur or bourbon if desired
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon bourbon liqueur or bourbon, or to taste
- 16 pecan halves (for garnish)
In a bowl combine the cracker crumbs, the pecans, and the sugars, stir in the butter, and press the mixture into the bottom and 1/2 inch up the side of a buttered 9-inch springform pan. Chill the crust for 1 hour.
In a bowl whisk together pumpkin, egg, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt and brown sugar.
In a large bowl with an electric mixer cream together cream cheese and granulated sugar. Beat in cream, cornstarch, vanilla extract, bourbon liqueur and pumpkin mixture; beat until smooth. Pour the filling into the crust, bake the cheesecake in the middle of a preheated 350° F. oven for 50 to 55 minutes, or until the center is just set. Let cheesecake cool in the pan on a rack for 5 minutes.
In a bowl whisk together sour cream, sugar and bourbon liqueur. Spread the sour cream mixture over the top of the cheesecake and bake the cheesecake for 5 minutes more. Let the cheesecake cool in the pan on a rack and chill it, covered, overnight. Remove the side of the pan and garnish the top of the cheesecake with the pecans.