- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans (see note)
- 4 pkgs. (3 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Sweet Vanilla Whipped Cream:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- toasted pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Make the crust: In a small bowl, combine the butter with the gingersnap cookie crumbs and pecans. Press into the bottom of a buttered 10-inch springform pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Make the filling: In a large bowl, on the low speed of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until very smooth. Gradually add the sugars. Add the eggs, one at a time. Add the pumpkin puree and mix until just blended. To ensure that the batter has no lumps and that no ingredients are stuck to the bottom of the bowl, stop the mixer several times and scrape down the side of the bowl with a rubber spatula Stir in the heavy cream and cinnamon.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and set the pan on a baking sheet. Bake until the edges are set and the center moves only slightly when the pan is shaken about 1 hour.
- At the end of the baking time, turn off the heat and, using a wooden spoon to keep the oven door slightly ajar, cool the cake in the oven for 1 hour before removing. Cover and refrigerate for at least 12 hours or overnight.
- Make the Vanilla Whipped Cream: Place all the ingredients in a medium-size bowl and whip with an eggbeater or a whisk until soft peaks form. Serve immediately or cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- To serve: Remove the cake from the refrigerator 15-30 minutes before cutting and serving. Garnish with the sweetened whipped cream and toasted pecan halves.
- Note: To toast the pecans, place on a baking sheet in a 350ºF oven for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned and fragrant.
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Chicken and onion kabobs
Easy Sunday Pot Roast
Shrimp Nachos with Avocado-Corn RelishSee More