- Cooking Time: 7 hrs (4/7 for setting)
- Servings: 12 slices
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) bricks cream cheese, room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 (16 ounce) can 100% pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- SPICED WHIPPED CREAM:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350°F Coat an 8-in springform pan with nonstick baking spray. Take bottom insert of pan and trace on parchment paper. Cut out curricular outline and lay marked side down on pan insert. Lock pan sides into place. Wrap outside of springform pan with a few layers of oven-safe plastic wrap, then foil (taking care to make sure no plastic wrap is exposed) to form a water proof barrier for cake. Have ready a roasting pan larger than the springform pan.
- Crust: Put crumbs and brown sugar in a small bowl and stir in melted butter until combined. Press crumb mixture firmly in bottom of pan and up sides. Bake 8 - 10 minutes until set. Cool on rack. Reduce oven to 300°F.
- Filling: Beat cream cheese, sugar, and cornstarch in a large bowl with mixer on med speed until smooth, scraping sides and bottom of bowl several times with rubber spatula. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, just until blended. Then beat in sour cream and vanilla to combine.
- Fold in pumpkin puree and spices until combined. Pour filling into crust; spread carefully until even and top is smooth.
- Set springform pan in center of roasting pan. Place roasting pan in oven center rack and add boiling water to come halfway up sides of springform pan.
- Bake 1 1/2 hours to 1 3/4 hour until set, but center still jiggles slightly when shaken.
- Turn off oven (leave door closed); let cake cool in oven 1 hour (if cake has not pulled away from sides of pan, carefully run a knife that has been dipped in warm water around edge of pan to release cake). Remove foil and plastic wrap. Cool cake in pan on wire rack. Cover; refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove pan sides, carefully slide flat spatula or knife between parchment paper and and pan bottom, gently slide cake on serving plate, and dig in!
- SPICED WHIPPED CREAM:
- In a large bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks are just about to form. Beat in vanilla, spice and sugar until peaks form. Make sure not to over-beat.
NotesI love cheesecake!! When I worked in the corporate world, I use to sell cheesecakes on the side to our vendors :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Short Sharp Chops
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD / MUFFINSSee More