- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8-12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 stick butter
- 3 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 oz) Carnation sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (16 oz) solid pack pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 package (2 1/2 oz) sliced almonds
- 2 cups whipping cream, chilled
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- For crust, combine all ingredients. Press into bottom of ungreased 10-inch springform pan.
- Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool. Add filling and bake.
- For filling, combine cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer at high speed for 2 minutes. Add pumpkin, eggs, and pumpkin pie spice. Beat at high speed 1 minute. Pour over prepared crust in pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 65-70 minutes or until set. (Place a pan of water on the rack below the cheesecake. This will keep the cheesecake from cracking.)
- Cool completely on rack. Refrigerate 2 hours. Loosen cake from sides of pan; remove sides of pan.
- For topping, preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Toast almonds on baking sheet at 300 degrees F for 4-5 minutes or until fragrant and light golden brown. Cool completely. Beat cream in medium bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over top of chilled cake. Garnish with toasted almonds. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Tip: To prepare in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan, bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until set.
NotesWhen the family heard I was bringing cheesecake for Thanksgiving, they all said, "We always have pumpkin pie." Though someone always comes with the pumpkin pie, the Pumpkin Cheesecake has become as much of a favorite as the pumpkin pie. Now, they ask, "You are bringing your pumpkin cheesecake, aren't you?"