- 2 Cups graham-cracker-crumbs from about 15 double crackers
- 1/3 Cup butter, softened
- 1 24oz container nonfat cottage cheese(3 cups)
- 1 12oz container light process cream cheese
- 1 1/4 Cups light-brown sugar, packed
- 2 Large eggs
- 2 large eggs whites
- 1 16 oz can solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. pumpkin-pie spice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Heat oven to 325.
Lightly grease bottom and sides of a 9x3 inch spring-form pan.
Mix cracker crumbs and butter in a medium-size bowl until evenly moistened.
Press over bottom and 2 inches up sides of pan. Filling:
Process cottage cheese and cream cheese in blender 2 minutes,until thick and smooth.
Add brown sugar and blend until dissolves.
Add eggs and egg whites and blend.
Scrape mixture into large bowl.
Stir in pumpkin,cornstarch,spice and vanilla until blended and smooth.
Pour into prepared crust.
Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes or till top of cake looks set(center may jiggle and top crack).
Turn oven off.
Let cake cool in oven 2 hours.
Remove cake from oven. Cool completely.
Cover and refrigerate in pan at least 6 hours.