- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Cups graham-cracker-crumbs from about 15 double crackers
- 1/3 Cup butter, softened
- 1 24oz container nonfat cottage cheese(3 cups)
- 1 12oz container light process cream cheese
- 1 1/4 Cups light-brown sugar, packed
- 2 Large eggs
- 2 large eggs whites
- 1 16 oz can solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. pumpkin-pie spice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 325.
- Lightly grease bottom and sides of a 9x3 inch spring-form pan.
- Mix cracker crumbs and butter in a medium-size bowl until evenly moistened.
- Press over bottom and 2 inches up sides of pan. Filling:
- Process cottage cheese and cream cheese in blender 2 minutes,until thick and smooth.
- Add brown sugar and blend until dissolves.
- Add eggs and egg whites and blend.
- Scrape mixture into large bowl.
- Stir in pumpkin,cornstarch,spice and vanilla until blended and smooth.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes or till top of cake looks set(center may jiggle and top crack).
- Turn oven off.
- Let cake cool in oven 2 hours.
- Remove cake from oven. Cool completely.
- Cover and refrigerate in pan at least 6 hours.
NotesThis recipe has been in my family for ages.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More