- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3/4 cups ground ginger snap cookies
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 lbs softened (room temperature) cream cheese
- 2 TB vanilla extract
- 1 TB lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground clove
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 15 oz can pure pumpkin (unsweetened, unseasoned)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix ginger snap cookie crumbs and sugar together. Add the butter and mix well.
- Place the entire crumb mix into the bottom of a greased 10" snap ring (spring form) pan.
- Spread crumbs evenly over the bottom of the pan, pressing with the backs of your fingers to pack the crust.
- Bake in a preheated 350° oven for approximately 15 minutes or until the edges begin to brown well
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Place the cream cheese (it is very important that the cream cheese is at room temperature), vanilla, lemon juice, cinnamon, allspice, clove, nutmeg and sugar into a large bowl and mix well until the cream cheese is smooth.
- Add the pumpkin and mix well.
- (If the pumpkin doesn't mix all the way, do not worry, it will make a kind of marbley look that's pretty cool but it will bake the same)
- Add the eggs and beat until the eggs are incorporated and a creamy consistency is achieved.
- Pour the batter into the pan with the crust and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Tap the cake on a counter top to remove any air bubbles in the cake.
- Wrap the cake pan in foil and place the cake into a large roasting pan and then into a preheated 250° oven.
- Pour very hot water into the roasting pan about half way up the cake pan.
- Bake for approx. 1 1/2 hours.
- Turn the oven off and open the door for one minute.
- Close the door and leave the cheesecake in the oven until the oven is cool.
- Remove from oven and place directly in the refrigerator.
- Chill for four hours before serving.
- When cool, slide a knife around the sides of the pan before you release the spring.
NotesOK...this is the cheesecake my brother in law says John's is better than...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
GAES PTO Recipes
MidLife Road Trip's
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14See More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More