- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3/4 cups ground ginger snap cookies
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 lbs softened (room temperature) cream cheese
- 2 TB vanilla extract
- 1 TB lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground clove
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 15 oz can pure pumpkin (unsweetened, unseasoned)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix ginger snap cookie crumbs and sugar together. Add the butter and mix well.
- Place the entire crumb mix into the bottom of a greased 10" snap ring (spring form) pan.
- Spread crumbs evenly over the bottom of the pan, pressing with the backs of your fingers to pack the crust.
- Bake in a preheated 350° oven for approximately 15 minutes or until the edges begin to brown well
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Place the cream cheese (it is very important that the cream cheese is at room temperature), vanilla, lemon juice, cinnamon, allspice, clove, nutmeg and sugar into a large bowl and mix well until the cream cheese is smooth.
- Add the pumpkin and mix well.
- (If the pumpkin doesn't mix all the way, do not worry, it will make a kind of marbley look that's pretty cool but it will bake the same)
- Add the eggs and beat until the eggs are incorporated and a creamy consistency is achieved.
- Pour the batter into the pan with the crust and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Tap the cake on a counter top to remove any air bubbles in the cake.
- Wrap the cake pan in foil and place the cake into a large roasting pan and then into a preheated 250° oven.
- Pour very hot water into the roasting pan about half way up the cake pan.
- Bake for approx. 1 1/2 hours.
- Turn the oven off and open the door for one minute.
- Close the door and leave the cheesecake in the oven until the oven is cool.
- Remove from oven and place directly in the refrigerator.
- Chill for four hours before serving.
- When cool, slide a knife around the sides of the pan before you release the spring.
NotesOK...this is the cheesecake my brother in law says John's is better than...
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday EntertainingSee More
SPOOKY HALLOWEEN TREE
Slow Cooker Beans
Sugar-Free Blackberry White Chocolate Ice CreamSee More