- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely ground pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- (3) 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- (1) 14-ounce can pumpkin pulp
- Sugared pumpkin seeds;see recipe below
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven 375 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, get started on your crust.
- In a bowl combine the cracker crumbs, nuts, and cinnamon.
- Then stir in the butter.
- Press the crust mixture into the bottom and about 2 inches up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Now, make the filling.
- In a mixer bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, cornstarch, and vanilla.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs and yolks all at once, beating on low speed just until combined.
- Fold in the cream and the pumpkin pulp.
- It will appear broken but will bake beautifully.
- Pour into the crust lined pan.
- Place on a shallow baking pan in oven.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the center appears nearly set when shaken.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- Loosen sides of the pan, and cool for 30 minutes.
- Chill at least 4 hours before serving. Decorate with sugared pumpkin seeds and serve with caramel sauce.
- To "sugar" seeds: Melt butter in saucepan. Add brown sugar and pumpkin seeds. Cook slightly until mixture starts to thicken. Pour onto wax paper to cool. Separate while hot.
NotesThis recipe is from Emeril Lagasse and is excellent.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More