- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons brandy, if desired
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 4 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Grease 9-inch springform pan with shortening.
- In small bowl, mix cracker crumbs, sugar and the melted butter.
- Press crumb mixture in bottom of pan.
- Wrap foil around outside of pan to prevent drips.
- Bake crust 8 to 10 minutes or until set.
- Cool 5 minutes at room temperature.
- Refrigerate about 5 minutes or until completely cooled.
- Meanwhile, in another small bowl, mix flour, pumpkin pie spice, brandy and pumpkin; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually beat in brown sugar and sugar until smooth.
- On low speed, beat in 1 egg at a time just until blended.
- Gradually beat in pumpkin mixture until smooth.
- Pour filling over crust.
- Bake 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 25 minutes or until set but center of cheesecake still jiggles slightly when moved.
- Turn oven off; open oven door at least 4 inches. Let cheesecake remain in oven 30 minutes.
- Run knife around edge of pan to loosen cheesecake.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight before serving.
- To serve, run knife around edge of pan to loosen cheesecake.
- Carefully remove side of pan before cutting cheesecake.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Decrease butter for crust to 1/4 cup. Before heating oven, place small baking pan filled with 1 to 2 cups water on oven rack below center rack to help prevent cheesecake from cracking (leave pan in oven while cooling cheesecake). Heat oven to 350°F.
NotesExtraordinary cheesecake? Make one with a scrumptious blend of sweet brown sugar, aromatic spice and homey pumpkin.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Paul's Food World Volume 1
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More