- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons brandy, if desired
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 4 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Grease 9-inch springform pan with shortening.
- In small bowl, mix cracker crumbs, sugar and the melted butter.
- Press crumb mixture in bottom of pan.
- Wrap foil around outside of pan to prevent drips.
- Bake crust 8 to 10 minutes or until set.
- Cool 5 minutes at room temperature.
- Refrigerate about 5 minutes or until completely cooled.
- Meanwhile, in another small bowl, mix flour, pumpkin pie spice, brandy and pumpkin; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually beat in brown sugar and sugar until smooth.
- On low speed, beat in 1 egg at a time just until blended.
- Gradually beat in pumpkin mixture until smooth.
- Pour filling over crust.
- Bake 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 25 minutes or until set but center of cheesecake still jiggles slightly when moved.
- Turn oven off; open oven door at least 4 inches. Let cheesecake remain in oven 30 minutes.
- Run knife around edge of pan to loosen cheesecake.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight before serving.
- To serve, run knife around edge of pan to loosen cheesecake.
- Carefully remove side of pan before cutting cheesecake.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Decrease butter for crust to 1/4 cup. Before heating oven, place small baking pan filled with 1 to 2 cups water on oven rack below center rack to help prevent cheesecake from cracking (leave pan in oven while cooling cheesecake). Heat oven to 350°F.
NotesExtraordinary cheesecake? Make one with a scrumptious blend of sweet brown sugar, aromatic spice and homey pumpkin.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
50 Shades of Taste
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More