- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 envelope gelatin
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 9" graham cracker pie shell
- Mix gelatin, brown sugar, salt and spices thoroughly in a saucepan.
- Stir in milk, water, egg yolks and pumpkin.
- Mix well.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until gelatin is dissolved and mixture heated thoroughly, about 10 minutes.
- Remove and chill until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from spoon.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, then beat in sugar. Fold gelatin mixture into beaten egg whites. Pour into pie crust and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Try serving with Cool Whip or freshly made whipped cream. Enjoy!
NotesThere is a lack of tradition in my family, but this is one recipe that's on it's third generation already... and there's no stopping it! My mom said that my grandmother started making this because her kids didn't like regular pumpkin pie. This is a light and creamy dessert, and it's great to serve even after a large Thanksgiving meal.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More