- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate
- 3-1/2 C. flour
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1-1/2 t. cinnamon
- 1 t. ground ginger
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/4 t. salt
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 C. granulated sugar
- 1 C. packed light brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15-16 oz.) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/3 C. reduced-fat sour cream
- Brown-Sugar Frosting:
- 3/4 C. packed Dark brown sugar
- 1/2 stick butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 C. milk
- 1 C. powdered sugar
- 1-1/2 t. vanilla
- Grease & flour a 14-cup bundt pan
- Melt Chocolate in a medium bowl in the microwave in High for 1 minute, then stir. repeat at 10-second intervals until completely melted & smooth (Or use double-boiler method of melting); Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, powder, cinnamon, ginger, soda & salt until blended.
- In a large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat butter & both sugars about 2 minutes, until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. On low speed, add flour mixture in three additions alternately with pumpkin until blended. Beat in sour cream.
- Stir 1-1/3 C. batter into the melted chocolate. Spread 1-1/2 C. pumpkin batter evenly into prepared pan. Using about 1/3 the chocolate batter, drop 1/2 teaspoonfuls, leaving spaces between, on pumpkin batter, not touching edges of pan if possible. Repeat layers twice, spreading pumpkin layers evenly. End with pumpkin batter.
- Bake at 350Ã‚Â° for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack 15 minutes before inverting cake on rack to cool completely.
- In medium saucepan, bring sugar, butter & milk to a boil, stirring often. Boil 2 minutes, remove from heat, and let cool until bottom pf pan in comfortable to touch. Stir in powdered sugar & vanilla, drizzle over cake.
- You must SAVE this recipe
Cook With The Twinz - Juice & Smoothies Volume One
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Oreo Dessert (Cookies & Cream)
Homemade Baking PowderSee More