- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate
- 3-1/2 C. flour
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1-1/2 t. cinnamon
- 1 t. ground ginger
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/4 t. salt
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 C. granulated sugar
- 1 C. packed light brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15-16 oz.) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/3 C. reduced-fat sour cream
- Brown-Sugar Frosting:
- 3/4 C. packed Dark brown sugar
- 1/2 stick butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 C. milk
- 1 C. powdered sugar
- 1-1/2 t. vanilla
- Grease & flour a 14-cup bundt pan
- Melt Chocolate in a medium bowl in the microwave in High for 1 minute, then stir. repeat at 10-second intervals until completely melted & smooth (Or use double-boiler method of melting); Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, powder, cinnamon, ginger, soda & salt until blended.
- In a large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat butter & both sugars about 2 minutes, until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. On low speed, add flour mixture in three additions alternately with pumpkin until blended. Beat in sour cream.
- Stir 1-1/3 C. batter into the melted chocolate. Spread 1-1/2 C. pumpkin batter evenly into prepared pan. Using about 1/3 the chocolate batter, drop 1/2 teaspoonfuls, leaving spaces between, on pumpkin batter, not touching edges of pan if possible. Repeat layers twice, spreading pumpkin layers evenly. End with pumpkin batter.
- Bake at 350Ã‚Â° for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack 15 minutes before inverting cake on rack to cool completely.
- In medium saucepan, bring sugar, butter & milk to a boil, stirring often. Boil 2 minutes, remove from heat, and let cool until bottom pf pan in comfortable to touch. Stir in powdered sugar & vanilla, drizzle over cake.
- You must SAVE this recipe
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More