PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP BARS
- Cooking Time: 25
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (I mix my own and use more, but I like it really spicy)
- 1 15oz can pure pumpkin
- 3/4 to 1 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, cream together sugars, egg, butter, applesauce, and vanilla.
Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices; stir into the creamed mixture.
Stir in the pumpkin and chocolate chips.
Pour evenly into prepared baking dish.
Bake for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.