- Cooking Time: 25
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (I mix my own and use more, but I like it really spicy)
- 1 15oz can pure pumpkin
- 3/4 to 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream together sugars, egg, butter, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices; stir into the creamed mixture.
- Stir in the pumpkin and chocolate chips.
- Pour evenly into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
NotesThis makes a cake-y, fluffy bar cookie. I started with an allrecipes.com drop cookie recipe and modified it to reduce the fat a little and make a bar cookie.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More