- Cooking Time: 25
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (I mix my own and use more, but I like it really spicy)
- 1 15oz can pure pumpkin
- 3/4 to 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream together sugars, egg, butter, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices; stir into the creamed mixture.
- Stir in the pumpkin and chocolate chips.
- Pour evenly into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
NotesThis makes a cake-y, fluffy bar cookie. I started with an allrecipes.com drop cookie recipe and modified it to reduce the fat a little and make a bar cookie.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More