- Cooking Time: 12 minutes
- Servings: 12-14
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts ( optional )
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- 2. Mix pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg in a large bowl. In another large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt. Dissolve baking soda in milk in a small bowl and then stir into pumpkin mix. Add flour to pumpkin mixture and blend well.
- 3. Add vanilla, chocolate chips, and if you desire, add nuts. ( I did add walnuts in pictured cookies)
- 4. Drop cookie mix by spoonful onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees until slightly browned.
NotesWhen my kids were younger, we would always fix chocolate chip cookies for Santa on Christmas Eve. Santa had informed us on one of our meetings at the mall that chocolate chip is his favorite. I'm absolutely positive that the Jolly Ole Elf would be just as happy with these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More