- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/2 cup finely crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup almonds - ground
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 pkg. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoon cognac
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 lg eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cognac
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds - toasted for garnish
- Generously grease a 10" springform pan with vegetable shortening.. To prepare the crust, thoroughly combine crumbs, ground almonds, sugar, ginger, cinnamon, and melted butter. Press firmly into bottom of the greased springform pan. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 250 degrees.
- To prepare filling, beat softened cream cheese smooth in mixer. Gradually add the sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add cognac, maple syrup, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. Blend well. Add eggs one at a time. Beat well after each addition. Add cream and pumpkin. Mix well. Pour filling into unbaked crust, and smooth the top. Bake for two hours, until soft but firm. Shake pan slightly. Cake should not wiggle. Remove and let cool on a rack for 30 minutes. After 20 minutes, heat oven to 350 degrees.
- To prepare topping. combine sour cream, sugar, cognac and maple syrup. Mix thoroughly. Spread topping on cooled cheesecake. Return assembled cheesecake to oven for 7 minutes. Remove and let cheesecake cool on a rack for at least 4 hours at room temperature before removing sides of springform pan. Garnish outer edge of cake with toasted almond slices. To serve, slice cheesecake with warm knife.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Christmas Cherry Pie
Low-Fat Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
Mughlai Chicken BiryaniSee More