- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cups pecans, chopped
- Cream sugar and shortening. Beat in egg. Sift dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture with pumpkin. Beat to blend thoroughly.
- Fold in raisins and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoons onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until done.
- Makes 3 doz.
- Will keep fresh 8 to 10 days if kept in covered jar.
NotesDon't know where momma got this recipe but we always had them for Thanksgiving. Now I am making them 50 years later. Wouldn't be Thanksgiving without them plus it seems like momma is near. She was the best and these are the best cookies!!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Koken met Oma
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More