- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cups pecans, chopped
- Cream sugar and shortening. Beat in egg. Sift dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture with pumpkin. Beat to blend thoroughly.
- Fold in raisins and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoons onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until done.
- Makes 3 doz.
- Will keep fresh 8 to 10 days if kept in covered jar.
NotesDon't know where momma got this recipe but we always had them for Thanksgiving. Now I am making them 50 years later. Wouldn't be Thanksgiving without them plus it seems like momma is near. She was the best and these are the best cookies!!!
Great Everyday Meals
Cooking for a family in Korea: notes of an ex-pat wife
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More