- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cups pecans, chopped
- Cream sugar and shortening. Beat in egg. Sift dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture with pumpkin. Beat to blend thoroughly.
- Fold in raisins and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoons onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until done.
- Makes 3 doz.
- Will keep fresh 8 to 10 days if kept in covered jar.
NotesDon't know where momma got this recipe but we always had them for Thanksgiving. Now I am making them 50 years later. Wouldn't be Thanksgiving without them plus it seems like momma is near. She was the best and these are the best cookies!!!
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free MamaSee More
Grilled Pepper Poppers
Easy Walnut Chocolate Rum Balls
blessing mixSee More