- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 6
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, soft
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 whole large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup packed pumpkin puree
- 1 cup whole cranberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 350º standard / 325º convection.
- Prepare standard-sized muffin tin with grease or papers.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and spices. Whisk to evenly mix. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until well incorporated. You do not need to mix until fluffy and light. With muffins, it's OK (maybe even preferable) to leave the mixture a bit uneven.
- Beat in eggs and milk. Again, don't mix as much as you would if you were making cookies.
- Add flour mixture and, using a rubber spatula, fold gently into wet mixture. Leave some dry spots in the batter.
- Add pumpkin and continue to fold until the batter is mostly even.
- Add cranberries and give the better one or two more folds.
- Using a measuring cup, large spoon, or portion scoop, fill muffin cups about ¾ full.
- Bake until set: a toothpick or skewer inserted in the center of the muffin will emerge clean. This morning, my batch took 35 minutes to bake.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to cool a few moments before removing muffins.
NotesThese muffins require no sales pitch. I will tell you anyway that they are fluffy, flavorful, and easy to make with or without an electric mixer.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More