- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (recipe attached)
- 3/4 cup wheat bran
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (can use low fat buttermilk or plain nonfat yogurt)
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400'
- Whisk together first 7 ingredients in a large bowl.
- In another bowl,combine next 6 ingredients.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet, in 2 steps. mix well.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Use nonstick muffin pan, well greased muffin pan or cupcake liners.
- Fill to 3/4 - bake 30 minutes - till toothpick comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Pumpkin Puree:
- Cut a pumpkin in large chunks
- Arrange chunks in steamer
- Let steam for 30 - 45 minutes - till interior is soft
- Remove from steamer and scrape pulp from skin
- Whip with beater or puree in food processor
- Freeze one cup at a time in zips - use as needed
NotesPumpkin Cranberry Muffins
Very nice breakfast muffin -
From Great little Pumpkin Cookbook
by Michael Krondl
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Sweet Potato Pizza Dough
Grilled Summer Veggie Pizza
Zesty Italian ChickenSee More