- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (recipe attached)
- 3/4 cup wheat bran
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (can use low fat buttermilk or plain nonfat yogurt)
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400'
- Whisk together first 7 ingredients in a large bowl.
- In another bowl,combine next 6 ingredients.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet, in 2 steps. mix well.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Use nonstick muffin pan, well greased muffin pan or cupcake liners.
- Fill to 3/4 - bake 30 minutes - till toothpick comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Pumpkin Puree:
- Cut a pumpkin in large chunks
- Arrange chunks in steamer
- Let steam for 30 - 45 minutes - till interior is soft
- Remove from steamer and scrape pulp from skin
- Whip with beater or puree in food processor
- Freeze one cup at a time in zips - use as needed
NotesPumpkin Cranberry Muffins
Very nice breakfast muffin -
From Great little Pumpkin Cookbook
by Michael Krondl
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More