- Cooking Time: 35-40
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 1/4 cups flour (or wheat flour)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups canned 100% pumpkin (no additives)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients. (flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking soda) In a smaller mixing bowl, combine all wet. (eggs, pumpkin, applesauce, vanilla) Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients to create the batter.
- Pour batter into a greased 13x9x2 baking dish.
- To make the "swirl", blend cream cheese, egg, and powdered sugar. (It helps to put the cream cheese in the microwave to make it less thick.) Spoon in large heaps on top of batter. Using a butter knife, swirl the cream cheese into the batter.
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and walnuts and top the cake.
- Bake in the oven at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick/fork inserted into the middle comes out clean.
NotesTweaked a recipe I found on allrecipes. Came out AMAZING. Not too sweet, and the perfect amount of pumpkin/cream cheese. Starbucks, eat your heart out.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
A Falcon Feast
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More