- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 15
- 4 Cups Flour (Unbleached All-Purpose)
- 2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Ginger
- 1 Tsp Cloves
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- ½ Tbsp Cinnamon
- 8 Tbsp (1 stick) COLD Butter
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract (Try maple extract for a more fall flavor)
- 1Cup Libby's Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar (For Crumble Topping)
- Preheat Oven at 350 degrees. Grease a baking tray and set aside (Crisco or Pam baking spray is fine)
- In a small bowl put the eggs, vanilla, pumpkin, and milk. Whisk together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, spices and salt. Sift so the mixture is blended well. Running a whisk through it works as well.
- Now prepare to use your hands or a pastry cutter.
- Cut the butter into small chunks and add to flour mixture. Then with your hands (or pastry cutter) mix, break up the butter and blend it with the mixture using your fingers.
- You want this dry mixture to appear like crumbs.
- Now, create a well in your dry bowl and pour in your wet ingredients.
- Stir this mixture with a wooden spoon until it is too hard to mix and begin using your hands again like kneading bread dough.
- Then roll it into a ball.
- Transfer your mixture to a floured surface and roll out your ball to resemble a 10-12" log.
- Bring your dough over to prepped baking tray.
- Using your hands flatten the log into a large oval shape.
- It should now be 6" wide and 20" long or more.
- Top each one with brown sugar in the middle and push down into the top with your hands to create the crumble top.
- Bake for 30 minutes
- When you take it out of the oven, let it cool for only 5 minutes.
- Then with a sharp knife cut the biscotti out into 3/4 inch wedges. You should get about 12-15 pieces.
- After cutting, flip the biscotti wedges on their sides and place back in the over for 8-10 more minutes.
- The longer the second bake the harder the cookie.
NotesBiscotti is my trademark, I am always messing with new recipes and have a long list I have available for sale. Some are limited edition, like my pumpkin biscotti, so while I have it all fall. You'll miss out during the summer unless you want to make it yourself! Now you can!
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage Holiday Hoagie
Butternut Squash Medley
coffee toffee cookiesSee More