- Cooking Time: 1.5
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 30
- 20 gingersnaps
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter (1/4 stick), melted
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1 16-ounce can solid-pack pumpkin (not pumpkin-pie mix)
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- ground nutmeg
- 1 cup prepared eggnog
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- walnuts for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray 9" by 3" springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In food processor with knife blade attached, blend gingersnaps, walnuts, and 1/4 cup sugar until finely ground; stir in margarine or butter. Press mixture onto bottom and 2 1/2 inches up side of springform pan; set aside.
- In small bowl, with mixer at high speed, beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually beat in 3/4 cup sugar until soft peaks form; set aside.
- In large bowl, with same beaters and with mixer at medium speed, beat egg yolks, pumpkin, cream cheese, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, cloves, and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg until well blended. Fold egg-white mixture into cream-cheese mixture; pour into springform pan. Bake 1 hour & 30 mins or until knife inserted 1 inch from edge of cheesecake comes out clean. Cool cheesecake in pan on wire rack.
- In small saucepan, mix eggnog, cornstarch, and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg. Over medium heat, heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer 1 minute or until mixture thickens. Let stand 10 minutes to cool slightly. Remove side of springform pan from cheesecake; spread eggnog mixture over cheesecake. Garnish with walnuts. Refrigerate cheesecake at least 4 hours or until well chilled.
I have been making this recipe for several years.
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More