- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 qt milk
- 1 vanilla bean or 1 tsp extract
- 6 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Place milk, vanilla bean seeds and pod, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and pumpkin puree to a medium saucepot. P
- lace over medium heat and bring to a simmer and remove from heat.
- While milk mixture is heating, mix sugar, eggs and egg yolks (and vanilla extract if using) in a bowl. Add a small amount (a cup or two) of the hot milk mixture to the egg mixture. (this is called tempering...it brings the temp of the eggs up to help prevent the eggs from curdling) Add the egg mix to the hot milk.
- Mix well.
- Strain through a very fine strainer.
- Pour into prepared ramekins.
- Bake at 350 F for around 2 hours.
- Flan should barley jiggle when you shake them. Chill several hours before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Picnic Chicken SaladSee More