- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2 loaves
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 package yeast
- 3 1/2 cups bread flour
- 3 T melted butter
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 nutmeg
- 3 oz. grated Gruyere cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Mix water, sugar and yeast; let stand 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup flour and butter to yeast mixture; cover and let rise 30 minutes.
- Add pumpkin, salt and nutmeg.
- Add 2 cups flour and half of cheese.
- Knead 8 minutes, adding remaining flour to prevent sticking.
- Let rise in oiled bowl, covered, for 1 hour until doubled.
- Punch down and let rest 5 minutes.
- Divide dough in half; shape each in 8-inch round.
- Place on baking sheets sprinkled with cornmeal.
- Top each with remaining cheese and nuts, pressing in so they don't fall off.
- Cover and let rise 20 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400.
- Bake 30 minutes until browned.
NotesI got this from Cooking Light. Tried it with some leftover cooked butternut squash and decided it has more flavor with the pumpkin.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More