- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2 loaves
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 package yeast
- 3 1/2 cups bread flour
- 3 T melted butter
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 nutmeg
- 3 oz. grated Gruyere cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Mix water, sugar and yeast; let stand 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup flour and butter to yeast mixture; cover and let rise 30 minutes.
- Add pumpkin, salt and nutmeg.
- Add 2 cups flour and half of cheese.
- Knead 8 minutes, adding remaining flour to prevent sticking.
- Let rise in oiled bowl, covered, for 1 hour until doubled.
- Punch down and let rest 5 minutes.
- Divide dough in half; shape each in 8-inch round.
- Place on baking sheets sprinkled with cornmeal.
- Top each with remaining cheese and nuts, pressing in so they don't fall off.
- Cover and let rise 20 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400.
- Bake 30 minutes until browned.
NotesI got this from Cooking Light. Tried it with some leftover cooked butternut squash and decided it has more flavor with the pumpkin.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More