- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2 loaves
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 package yeast
- 3 1/2 cups bread flour
- 3 T melted butter
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 nutmeg
- 3 oz. grated Gruyere cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Mix water, sugar and yeast; let stand 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup flour and butter to yeast mixture; cover and let rise 30 minutes.
- Add pumpkin, salt and nutmeg.
- Add 2 cups flour and half of cheese.
- Knead 8 minutes, adding remaining flour to prevent sticking.
- Let rise in oiled bowl, covered, for 1 hour until doubled.
- Punch down and let rest 5 minutes.
- Divide dough in half; shape each in 8-inch round.
- Place on baking sheets sprinkled with cornmeal.
- Top each with remaining cheese and nuts, pressing in so they don't fall off.
- Cover and let rise 20 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400.
- Bake 30 minutes until browned.
NotesI got this from Cooking Light. Tried it with some leftover cooked butternut squash and decided it has more flavor with the pumpkin.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
GRILLED SHRIMP SCAMPI
Peach Compote Sauce
Risotto con speck e meleSee More