- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tblsp light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
- Butter an 8X8 inch pan
- in a saucepan mix together the sugar, milk, corn syrup, pumpkin puree & salt.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce to medium heat and continue boiling but don't stir it.
- Mixture needs to get to 232 degreets on a candy themometer, it'll form soft balls if you drop it in water.
- Remove it from the heat. stir in pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, butter and nuts if you want them.
- Let cool until it gets to 110 degrees.
- Beat mixture until it is very thick and loses some of it's gloss.
- Quickly pour into the buttered 8X8.
- makes 36 pieces
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Frying Pan Cookies
Angel Food Cupcakes With Raspberry Swirl
Home-Style Asian BurgerSee More