- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup crushed gingersnaps
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 3 (8oz) pkgs cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup mashed pumpkin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 3/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- To make the crust:
- Place the butter in a small saucepan and melt over moderate heat.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, gingersnaps, brown sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Add the melted butter and mix together with a fork.
- Line bottom and side of 10" springform pan with parchment or wax paper.
- Spray with nonstick pan spray.
- Press the crumb mixture into the bottom.
- Pour the heavy cream into a medium bowl and beat just until soft peaks form.
- Beat the cream cheese (in large bowl) with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Gradually add the sugar, beating well.
- Add the eggs one at a time, and beat the mixture until it is fluffy and pale.
- Stir in the pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
- Remove the whipped cream from the refrigerator and whisk lightly to reblend.
- Using a spatula or flat spoon, fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese-pumpkin mixture. Pour the mixture into the prepared crust.
- Wrap one continuous sheet of aluminum foil around the springform pan and press firmly.
- Put wrapped pan in a baking pan and fill with hot water halfway up the spring from pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes.
- Cool the cheesecake to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 3 hours to chill thoroughly.
- Remove the sides of the springform pan.
- Just before serving, place the pecan halves on top of the cheesecake, in a ring around the edges, to garnish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More