- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- demerra sugar (sugar in the raw)
- Combine dry ingredients (first five) in a large bowl.
- Cut in 5 tbsp butter into dry ingredients until crumbly (use a pastry cutter or two knives).
- In a separate bowl, combine egg, pumpkin, and yogurt.
- Sprinkle chopped ginger into flour mixture, then mix in wet ingredients (dough will be very sticky).
- Divide dough into two, and pat each into a circle 1/2 inch thick onto a cookie sheet (I line my sheet with parchment paper for easy removal and cleanup).
- Cut each circle into 8 wedges. Brush wedges with melted butter, sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 12 minutes or until lightly golden on edges.
NotesI had a can of pumpkin puree leftover from Thanksgiving, and was inspired by the pumpkin scones from Starbucks
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More