- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- demerra sugar (sugar in the raw)
- Combine dry ingredients (first five) in a large bowl.
- Cut in 5 tbsp butter into dry ingredients until crumbly (use a pastry cutter or two knives).
- In a separate bowl, combine egg, pumpkin, and yogurt.
- Sprinkle chopped ginger into flour mixture, then mix in wet ingredients (dough will be very sticky).
- Divide dough into two, and pat each into a circle 1/2 inch thick onto a cookie sheet (I line my sheet with parchment paper for easy removal and cleanup).
- Cut each circle into 8 wedges. Brush wedges with melted butter, sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 12 minutes or until lightly golden on edges.
NotesI had a can of pumpkin puree leftover from Thanksgiving, and was inspired by the pumpkin scones from Starbucks
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More