- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 (14-ounce) packages gingerbread mix
- 1 (5.1-ounce) package cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (30-ounce) can pumpkin pie filling
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cardamom or cinnamon
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping
- 1/2 cup gingersnaps, optional
- Bake the gingerbread according to the package directions; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pudding and set aside to cool. Stir the pumpkin pie filling, sugar, and cardamom into the pudding.
- Crumble 1 batch of gingerbread into the bottom of a large,
- pretty bowl.
- Pour 1/2 of the pudding mixture over the gingerbread, then add a layer of whipped topping.
- Repeat with the remaining gingerbread, pudding, and whipped topping.
- Sprinkle of the top with crushed gingersnaps, if desired.
- Refrigerate overnight. Trifle can be layered in a punch bowl .
NotesHere is a recipe that is a great alternative to traditional pumpkin pie.... courtesy of Paula Deen.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!See More
Thigh and Drumstick Cacciatore
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers
Chocolate PavlovaSee More