PUMPKIN GINGERBREAD TRIFLE
Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle
- 2 packages gingerbread mix -- (14-ounce)
- 1 package cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix -- (5.1-ounce)
- 1 can pumpkin pie filling -- (30-ounce)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cardamom or cinnamon
- 1 container frozen whipped topping -- (12-ounce)
- 1/2 cup gingersnaps -- optional
Bake the gingerbread according to the package directions; cool completely. Meanwhile, prepare the pudding and set aside to cool. Stir the pumpkin pie filling, sugar, and cardamom into the pudding. Crumble 1 batch of gingerbread into the bottom of a large, pretty bowl. Pour 1/2 of the pudding mixture over the gingerbread, then add a layer of whipped topping. Repeat with the remaining gingerbread, pudding, and whipped topping. Sprinkle of the top with crushed gingersnaps, if desired. Refrigerate overnight. Trifle can be layered in a punch bowl.
it is best made the night before or the morning of the event. if it sits too long it starts getting a bit soggy.