- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 packages gingerbread mix -- (14-ounce)
- 1 package cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix -- (5.1-ounce)
- 1 can pumpkin pie filling -- (30-ounce)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cardamom or cinnamon
- 1 container frozen whipped topping -- (12-ounce)
- 1/2 cup gingersnaps -- optional
- Bake the gingerbread according to the package directions; cool completely. Meanwhile, prepare the pudding and set aside to cool. Stir the pumpkin pie filling, sugar, and cardamom into the pudding. Crumble 1 batch of gingerbread into the bottom of a large, pretty bowl. Pour 1/2 of the pudding mixture over the gingerbread, then add a layer of whipped topping. Repeat with the remaining gingerbread, pudding, and whipped topping. Sprinkle of the top with crushed gingersnaps, if desired. Refrigerate overnight. Trifle can be layered in a punch bowl.
NotesNOTES : this didn't all fit into my trifle bowl. for the top and middle I used homemade Harvest Gingersnaps (much more than the half cup recommended). . it was great! the homemade gingersnaps put it over the top and I am glad I included 2 layers (of the gingersnaps). the pumpkin layer was very tasty and went well with the gingerbread. I used coolwhip because I love it, but you could use unsweetened or lightly sweetened whipped cream (whipped at home) and that would cut the sweetness.As it turns out, the gingersnaps softened. I had a layer in the middle which I knew would soften, but I thought the top wouls stay crisp. nope. but it was still great that way. if you want them crisp, you just have to sprinkle them on just before serving.
it is best made the night before or the morning of the event. if it sits too long it starts getting a bit soggy.
Mom's Cooking Secrets
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More