- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1 4-serving-size package cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half, light cream, or milk
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 cup coarsely crushed gingersnaps (about 12 to 14)
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Graham Cracker Crust:
- Melt 1/3 cup butter.
- 1/4 cup sugar.
- 1-1/4 cups finely crushed graham crackers (about 18 crackers).
- Crushed gingersnaps (optional)
- Whipped cream (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, cook pudding mix according to package directions, except substitute the 1-1/2 cups half-and-half for the 2 cups liquid and stir in pumpkin pie spice before cooking.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in the pumpkin. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Let stand for 1-1/2 hours or until nearly at room temperature. Stir mixture gently. Fold in the 1 cup whipped cream and the 1 cup coarsely crushed gingersnaps.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the pecans on the bottom of Graham Cracker Crust. Transfer pumpkin mixture to piecrust. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours or until firm. Before serving, sprinkle with remaining pecans. Garnish with additional crushed gingersnaps and whipped cream, if you like. Store in refrigerator. Makes 8 servings.
- Graham Cracker Crust: Melt butter.
- Stir in sugar. Add finely crushed graham crackers (about 18 crackers). Toss to mix well. Spread mixture evenly into a 9-inch pie plate. Press onto bottom and side to form a firm, even crust. Chill in the refrigerator about 1 hour or until firm.
- *Note: If you wish to start with a purchased graham cracker crust, buy 1 deep-dish crust or 2 of the shallow crusts.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Simple Homemade Favorites
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Italy or BustSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More