- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1 4-serving-size package cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half, light cream, or milk
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 cup coarsely crushed gingersnaps (about 12 to 14)
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Graham Cracker Crust:
- Melt 1/3 cup butter.
- 1/4 cup sugar.
- 1-1/4 cups finely crushed graham crackers (about 18 crackers).
- Crushed gingersnaps (optional)
- Whipped cream (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, cook pudding mix according to package directions, except substitute the 1-1/2 cups half-and-half for the 2 cups liquid and stir in pumpkin pie spice before cooking.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in the pumpkin. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Let stand for 1-1/2 hours or until nearly at room temperature. Stir mixture gently. Fold in the 1 cup whipped cream and the 1 cup coarsely crushed gingersnaps.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the pecans on the bottom of Graham Cracker Crust. Transfer pumpkin mixture to piecrust. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours or until firm. Before serving, sprinkle with remaining pecans. Garnish with additional crushed gingersnaps and whipped cream, if you like. Store in refrigerator. Makes 8 servings.
- Graham Cracker Crust: Melt butter.
- Stir in sugar. Add finely crushed graham crackers (about 18 crackers). Toss to mix well. Spread mixture evenly into a 9-inch pie plate. Press onto bottom and side to form a firm, even crust. Chill in the refrigerator about 1 hour or until firm.
- *Note: If you wish to start with a purchased graham cracker crust, buy 1 deep-dish crust or 2 of the shallow crusts.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More