- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2/3 cup Libby's Pumpkin Puree
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 3/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 8 ounces Cream cheese -- softened
- 4 tablespoons Butter -- or margarine
- 1 cup Powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 TB molasses
- in large bowl, combine eggs and sugar, beating well. Add pumpkin and lemon juice, mixing until blended.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, spices and salt. Add to egg mixture, mixing well. Spread batter into greased 10-by-15-inch jelly-roll pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 ° for 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool for 15 minutes. Place cake on clean tea towel sprinkled liberally with powdered sugar. Carefully remove the parchment paper. Don't worry if the corners are a little sloppy or thin. It won't show anyway. Cool 10 minutes longer. From 10- inch side, roll cake up in towel. Set aside.
- While cake is cooling in towel, prepare filling. Beat together cream cheese and butter; stir in powdered sugar and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Unroll cake. Evenly spread filling over cake. Roll up cake (without the towel). Wrap in plastic wrap. Cover and chill at least 1 hour. Now for the end pieces which aren't always that pretty, just slice each end off with a clean knife and eat em real quick. For the remainder of the roll, just before serving garnish with a sprinkle of powdered sugar, slice and enjoy. Keep leftover slices refrigerated.
- This pumpkin roll freezes well.
NotesI found a wonderful recipe for Pumpkin Mousse Roll about a year ago. LOVE it. (it's also here in my BakeSpace kitchen). But being me, I can't leave well enough alone. I had to try it with a new twist. I added molasses to the mousse (I imagine maple syrup would also be wonderful) and instead of nutmeg, I used cloves, which added a wonderful gingerbread twist to the whole thing.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More