- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2/3 cup Pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 3/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 8 ounces Cream cheese -- softened
- 4 tablespoons Butter -- or margarine
- 1 cup Powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- in large bowl, combine eggs and sugar, beating well. Add pumpkin and lemon juice, mixing until blended.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, spices and salt. Add to egg mixture, mixing well. Spread batter into greased 10-by-15-inch jelly-roll pan lined with waxed-paper.
- Bake at 350 ° for 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool for 15 minutes. Place cake on clean tea towel sprinkled liberally with powdered sugar. Cool 10 minutes longer. From 10- inch side, roll cake up in towel. Set aside.
- While cake is cooling in towel, prepare filling. Beat together cream cheese and butter; stir in powdered sugar and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Unroll cake. Evenly spread filling over cake. Roll up cake (without the towel). Wrap in plastic wrap. Cover and chill at least 1 hour. Slice before serving. Keep leftover slices refrigerated. This pumpkin roll freezes well.
NotesI saw this being made on The Food Network and just had to find the recipe. Its pretty easy to make and tastes unbelievable. I'm thinking this would be great for Thanksgiving!!
The Help Cookbook: Food and Friendship
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
GLUTEN FREE SHORT BREAD
Boston Cream Pie Cake
Minty Fruit SaladSee More