Pumpkin Muffins (Gluten-free)
3 1/4 cups Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cloves
2 cups pumpkin puree, or one 15 ounce can (unseasoned)
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk or soymilk
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Place muffin liners into muffin pans, and spray the insides of the papers with baking spray.
2. Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Mix wet ingredients together in a separate bowl, then fold into dry mixture.
4. Blend all ingredients until combined and smooth.
5. Distribute batter evenly between muffin liners (approximately 1/4 cup each; they will be surprisingly full for a rising mixture).
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Pairs Well With
I had a wheat-filled recipe for pumpkin muffins that I used for years, before I started having problems with gluten. I reshaped quite a few things in it, to come to the recipe below. I was so excited when it worked so well!