- Cooking Time: 18-22 minutes
- Servings: 14
- Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes
- ¼ cup Canola Oil
- 1 cup Canned Pumpkin
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¾ cups Light Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Wheat Bran
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 cup Lowfat Buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp Rolled Oats
- 1 Mix wet ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 400. In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, brown sugar (leave 2 Tbsp of the sugar aside for the topping), oil, vanilla, and eggs until smooth.
- 2 Mix dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, sift or whisk together the flour, wheat bran (available in the bulk bins of the grocery store), baking soda and powder, spices (leaving aside 1/2 tsp cinnamon for the topping), and salt. After combining, add half the dry ingredients to the wet, then add half the buttermilk. Repeat until dry ingredients and buttermilk are mixed in (mix until just combined; don't over-stir).
- 3 Make topping.
- In a small bowl, mix together the oats, remaining 2 tbsp brown sugar, and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Place paper muffin cups in a muffin tin. Spray cups and top of muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Using an ice cream scoop or measuring cup, scoop enough batter into each up so the cups are almost full. Sprinkle a little of the oat-sugar mixture on top of each muffin.
- 4 Bake.
- Bake muffins for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when you poke one of the muffins. Let cool for 5 minutes in the muffin tin, then remove muffins to a cooling rack and cool another 10 minutes before digging in.
NotesPumpkin muffins are one of the most comforting foods. Wake up this Christmas morning to these warm pumpkin muffins. They will make the house smell unbelievable and will make the family ready to celebrate the holiday.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Amsterdam Friends CookbookSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More