- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 Cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, room temperature
- 1/4 Cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3 Cup molasses
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup cooked or canned pumpkin (about 8 ounces)
- 1 3/4 Cups flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/4 Cup currants or raisins
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees
- Grease 14 muffin cups or use paper liners
- With an electric mixer, cream the butter or margarine until soft. Add the sugar and molasses and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and pumpkin and stir until well blended.
- Sift over the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Fold just enough to blend; do not overmix.
- Fold in the currants or raisins.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups filling them 3/4 full. Bake until the tops spring back when touched lightly; 12-15 minutes.
NotesThis is a great recipe when you only use half of a large can of pumpkin for a pie and don't know what to do with the rest.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Get Cookin'See More
Hard Rock Cafe Cole Slaw Clone
Mashed Sweet PotatoesSee More