PUMPKIN ORANGE CHEESECAKE
- Servings: 12 - 14
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, room temperature
- 1/4 cup ground gingersnaps
- 3 pkgs. (8 oz. each) low-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 3 egg whites, room temperature
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier liqueur or other orange liqueur
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup finely minced crystallized ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
Preheat oven to 325ºF.
Crust: Coat bottom and 3/4 of the way up the sides of a 9-inch spring form pan with butter. Sprinkle with gingersnap crumbs and shake to distribute them around the sides. Spread loose crumbs on bottom.
Filling: In a large bowl beat cream cheese until fluffy, add sugars gradually, and mix until combined. Add eggs and egg whites, one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
Beat in pumpkin puree. Sift in flour, spices, and salt, and mix well. Blend in orange marmalade and orange liqueur. Pour into prepared crust. Bake for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours, until the cake pulls away from the side of the pan and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool on rack for at least 2 hours. Refrigerate covered for at least 4 hours before serving. To serve, brush with heated orange marmalade, then sprinkle with finely chopped ginger and pistachios.