- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12 - 14
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, room temperature
- 1/4 cup ground gingersnaps
- 3 pkgs. (8 oz. each) low-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 3 egg whites, room temperature
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier liqueur or other orange liqueur
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup finely minced crystallized ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Crust: Coat bottom and 3/4 of the way up the sides of a 9-inch spring form pan with butter. Sprinkle with gingersnap crumbs and shake to distribute them around the sides. Spread loose crumbs on bottom.
- Filling: In a large bowl beat cream cheese until fluffy, add sugars gradually, and mix until combined. Add eggs and egg whites, one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
- Beat in pumpkin puree. Sift in flour, spices, and salt, and mix well. Blend in orange marmalade and orange liqueur. Pour into prepared crust. Bake for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours, until the cake pulls away from the side of the pan and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on rack for at least 2 hours. Refrigerate covered for at least 4 hours before serving. To serve, brush with heated orange marmalade, then sprinkle with finely chopped ginger and pistachios.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Blue Family Favorites<3
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Christmas CookiesSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More