- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThe boys love it and can eat an entire batch by themselves (yes they are piglets when it comes to breakfast). We have never made the syrup to go with it, but it sounds like the best part.
- Maple-Pecan Syrup
- 1 cup maple-flavored syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 1/3 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat syrup and butter until butter is melted, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in pecans.
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat or to 375°F. Grease griddle with vegetable oil if necessary. In medium bowl, stir all pancake ingredients until well blended. For each pancake, pour slightly less than 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. (I noticed that they tend to puff up so less is more in this case-well, if you want them to cook all the way through anyways)
- Cook until edges are dry. Turn; cook other sides until golden brown. Serve with syrup.
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Life on a Beach Easy Seafood Cooking at Home
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Gluten Free Vietnamese Perogies
Campbell's Kitchen Slow Cooker Bacon Potato ChowderSee More