PUMPKIN PANCETTA PIZZA WITH CRACKED BLACK PEPPER AND FENNEL POLLEN, TOPPED WITH SMOKED GOUDA.
- Cooking Time: 8-10
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3-1/2 cup Pumpkin slices
- 6-8 slices of Pancetta
- 3 oz Smoked Gouda
- 2 oz Shredded Mozzarella
- 1 oz Grated Parmagiano-Reggiano
- Olive oil
- Fennel Pollen
- Cut pumpkin into ¼ inch thick slices then cut into 1 inch chunks.
- You will need about 1/3 – 1/2 cup of slices for a 12 inch pizza.
- In a skillet, fry up your pancetta until the fat renders and it is almost crispy.
- Remove from skillet and sauté the pumpkin in the pancetta drippings until golden.
- Remove from heat and Set aside.
- Grate the Smoked Gouda.
- Prepare your 12 inch Crust.
- Brush Crust with Olive oil OR Left over pan drippings from the pancetta and pumpkin.
- Sprinkle lightly with Parmagiano-Reggiano Cheese.
- Add Pumpkin and sprinkle with 1/2 the Mozzarella and 1/2 of the Smoked Gouda
- Break up pancetta a little and place on pizza
- Sprinkle with remaining Mozzarella.
- Sprinkle with a little Fennel pollen
- Cover with remaining Smoked Gouda.
- Bake on stone for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let set a few minutes before cutting to allow the cheese to set
NotesThis was another pizza from the feast; Specifically for the meat eaters in attendance.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
Sailstad Family CookbookSee More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More