PUMPKIN PANCETTA PIZZA WITH CRACKED BLACK PEPPER AND FENNEL POLLEN, TOPPED WITH SMOKED GOUDA.
- Cooking Time: 8-10
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis was another pizza from the feast; Specifically for the meat eaters in attendance.
- 1/3-1/2 cup Pumpkin slices
- 6-8 slices of Pancetta
- 3 oz Smoked Gouda
- 2 oz Shredded Mozzarella
- 1 oz Grated Parmagiano-Reggiano
- Olive oil
- Fennel Pollen
- Cut pumpkin into ¼ inch thick slices then cut into 1 inch chunks.
- You will need about 1/3 – 1/2 cup of slices for a 12 inch pizza.
- In a skillet, fry up your pancetta until the fat renders and it is almost crispy.
- Remove from skillet and sauté the pumpkin in the pancetta drippings until golden.
- Remove from heat and Set aside.
- Grate the Smoked Gouda.
- Prepare your 12 inch Crust.
- Brush Crust with Olive oil OR Left over pan drippings from the pancetta and pumpkin.
- Sprinkle lightly with Parmagiano-Reggiano Cheese.
- Add Pumpkin and sprinkle with 1/2 the Mozzarella and 1/2 of the Smoked Gouda
- Break up pancetta a little and place on pizza
- Sprinkle with remaining Mozzarella.
- Sprinkle with a little Fennel pollen
- Cover with remaining Smoked Gouda.
- Bake on stone for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let set a few minutes before cutting to allow the cheese to set