Pumpkin Pecan Biscuits(GF)
1/2 cup Sorghum flour
1/4 cup Potato Starch (not flour)
1/4 cup Tapioca Flour
1/8 cup quinoa flour
2 Tbs fine milk powder
4 Tbs turbinado sugar
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp xanathan gum
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp cardamom
1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 cup Spectrum Palm Shortening
1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup Libby's Pumpkin
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1 Tbs water (only if dough seems too stiff)
1. Preheat oven to 375. Grease a heavy shiny baking pan with butter or oil.
Put just enough to put a film on the pan. Dark pans may cause the bottom to
burn before the biscuit is completed cooking.
2. Place all ingredients except pumpkin and water in a food processor and
process until mixture is blended and crumbly.
3. Pour the flour mixture into a bowl and stir in the pumpkin. Fold
in the pecans.
4. Divide the dough into 8 mounds on the baking sheet. If the dough is not too moist you can
simply shape it with a spatula. If it is a bit sticky, use 2 wet spatulas to
shape them into rounds and smooth out the top.
5. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes depending on size of biscuit. I made 8
biscuits, with baking time of 12 minutes.
Pairs Well With
I miss wheat biscuits, so I am trying all kinds of gluten free ones. With the Holidays coming up, needed something for the family get-togethers that I could also eat.