- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- dash salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Combine milk, sugar, corn syrup, pumpkin, and salt in a large pan.
- Cook over medium heat until boiling, stirring constantly.
- When mixture comes to a full boil, reduce heat and simmer until mixture comes to the softball stage.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat in cinnamon, allspice, margarine, and vanilla.
- Cool, then beat until thick and mixture looses it's gloss.
- Spoon into buttered pan and cut into squares when cool and set.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
My Family Cookbook
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More