- Cooking Time: 50 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 60 minutes
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1 cup caned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked 9 inch deep pie shell
- 1 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon sugar mixture
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Sprinkle pie shell with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake shell for 10 minutes.
- Combine apple butter, pumpkin, salt and spice in large bowl. Gradually add milk and mix well.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until set.
- You may have to put foil around crust 3/4 of the way through.
NotesThis recipe comes from Paula Dean. I made some changes, and come out with a pie that is requested every Thanks giving and Christmas!
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More