- Cooking Time: 50 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 60 minutes
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1 cup caned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked 9 inch deep pie shell
- 1 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon sugar mixture
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Sprinkle pie shell with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake shell for 10 minutes.
- Combine apple butter, pumpkin, salt and spice in large bowl. Gradually add milk and mix well.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until set.
- You may have to put foil around crust 3/4 of the way through.
NotesThis recipe comes from Paula Dean. I made some changes, and come out with a pie that is requested every Thanks giving and Christmas!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More