PUMPKIN PIE WITH EGGNOG WHIPPED CREAM
Pumpkin Pie with Eggnog Whipped Cream
- Cooking Time: 25-30
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 30
- Serves 8
- 1 premade pie crust, parbaked per package instructions
- 1 15-oz can of canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 5 tsp of pumpkin pie spice (Megan used World Spice’s fresh ground mix)
- 1 to 1.5 tsp of fresh grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- EGGNOG WHIPPED CREAM
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- Nutmeg to taste
Parbake the crust.
1. After removing the parbaked pie crust from oven, leave the oven rack on the lowest position and increase oven temp to 400 degrees (the crust must still be hot when filling added)
2. For the filling: while the crust bakes, mix (using KitchenAid or other stand mixer) the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, spices and salt until combined, about 1 minute on low speed.
3. Transfer mixture to a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium high heat. Cook the pumpkin, stirring constantly, until thick and shiny, about 5 minutes.
4.Whisk in the cream and milk, return to a simmer briefly, then remove from heat.
5. Mix eggs in residual pumpkin bowl with mixer until uniform, about 5 seconds.
6.With the machine running on stir, slowly add about half the hot pumpkin mixture. 7.Stop the mixer, add the remaining pumpkin, and continue to mix until uniform.
8. Immediately pour the warm filling into the parbaked pie crust.
9.Bake until filling is puffed and lightly cracked around the edges and the center wiggles slightly when jiggled, about 25-30 minutes.
10.Cool the pie on a wire rack.
EGGNOG WHIPPED CREAM
1. Combine whipping cream and eggnog in mixer with whisk attachment.
2. While the mixer is beating, slowly incorporate sugar.
3. When mixture has reached soft peaks, grate in fresh nutmeg to taste, mixing to incorporate.