PUMPKIN PIE WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE WHIPPED CREAM
- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1 Somebody's Mother's Mother's Pie Crust
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- White Chocolate Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Somebody's Mother's White Chocolate Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Add cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, allspice and salt and whisk well to blend evenly. Whisk in cream, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Strain the mixture through a strainer into a medium saucepan, pressing on the strainer with a spatula to push through any lumps of brown sugar.
- Add the pumpkin puree and whisk until the custard mixture is thoroughly blended.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly and scraping all over the bottom of the pan to prevent the eggs from scrambling (about 7 minutes), until the mixture feels slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
- Scrape the hot custard into the pie shell and bake for 30-40 minutes, until the custard is set (looks firm). Transfer the pie to a rack to cool completely (about 2 hours).
- Meanwhile, place 1 cup whipping cream into an electric mixer. Mix until whipped. Fold the whipped cream into 1/2 cup of white chocolate sauce. Refrigerate.
- Once the pie is cool, top the pie generously with the white chocolate whipped cream.
NotesA great treat to share at Thanksgiving dinner!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Smitten Million Dollar Peanut Butter CookiesSee More