- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 recipe pastry for a 10inch single crust pie
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups pumpkin, cooked & mashed
- Preheat oven to 425F
- In a large bowl, combine egg yolk, eggs, white sugar and brown sugar.
- Add salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves.
- Gradually stir in milk and cream.
- Stir in pumpkin.
- Pour filling into pie shell.
- Bake for ten minutes in preheated oven.
- Reduce heat to 350F, and bake for an additional 40 to 45 minutes, or until filling is set.
- Serve topped with whipped cream.
NotesNothing says fall like pumpkin pie!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Food Travels Through Italy
Adventures in Cooking
The NourishFull KitchenSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More