- 1 recipe pastry for a 10inch single crust pie
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups pumpkin, cooked & mashed
Preheat oven to 425F
In a large bowl, combine egg yolk, eggs, white sugar and brown sugar.
Add salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves.
Gradually stir in milk and cream.
Stir in pumpkin.
Pour filling into pie shell.
Bake for ten minutes in preheated oven.
Reduce heat to 350F, and bake for an additional 40 to 45 minutes, or until filling is set.
Serve topped with whipped cream.