PUMPKIN PIZZA WITH SAGED BROWN BUTTER WITH WALNUTS, TOPPED WITH PECORINO ROMANO AND SAGE CHIFFONADE
- Cooking Time: 8-10
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI love making Pizza... I love Pumpkin ... Not as in Pumpkin Pie, but as in savory Pumpkin Soup and Pumpkin Sauted with browned butter and sage.
Pumpkin, It's not just for Dessert anymore....
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup Pumpkin slices
- 4 TB butter
- 9-10 Sage Leaves
- 3 oz Shredded Mozzarella
- 4 oz Grated Pecorino Romano
- Cracked Black pepper
- Kosher Salt
- ¼ Cup Broken Walnuts
- Cut pumpkin into ¼ inch thick slices then cut into 1 inch chunks.
- You will need about 1/3 – 1/2 cup of slices for a 12 inch pizza.
- Heat butter or olive oil in a sauté pan and Saute pumpkin until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, place 4 TB butter and melt over medium heat
- Tear 6 large sage leaves into 3 pieces and add to the melted butter.
- Continue cooking the butter until it starts to brown.
- Remove from heat and add a pinch of Kosher Salt.
- Remove the sage leave bits and set aside.
- Prepare your crust.
- Using a pastry brush, brush sage butter over the crust.
- Sprinkle crust with a small amount of Pecorino Romano Cheese
- Add your Pumpkin Slices.
- Sprinkle with a little shredded Mozzarella and a little more Pecorino.
- Add 3 – 4 chiffonade sage leaves and Walnuts then sprinkle with Cracked Black Pepper.
- Sprinkle a little more Mozzarella and a little more Pecorino Romano.
- Bake Pizza on a preheated stone for 8-10 minutes
- Remove from oven, drizzle with sage butter and let set a few minutes before cutting to allow the cheese to set