PUMPKIN PIZZA WITH SAGED BROWN BUTTER WITH WALNUTS, TOPPED WITH PECORINO ROMANO AND SAGE CHIFFONADE
- Cooking Time: 8-10
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup Pumpkin slices
- 4 TB butter
- 9-10 Sage Leaves
- 3 oz Shredded Mozzarella
- 4 oz Grated Pecorino Romano
- Cracked Black pepper
- Kosher Salt
- ¼ Cup Broken Walnuts
- Cut pumpkin into ¼ inch thick slices then cut into 1 inch chunks.
- You will need about 1/3 – 1/2 cup of slices for a 12 inch pizza.
- Heat butter or olive oil in a sauté pan and Saute pumpkin until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, place 4 TB butter and melt over medium heat
- Tear 6 large sage leaves into 3 pieces and add to the melted butter.
- Continue cooking the butter until it starts to brown.
- Remove from heat and add a pinch of Kosher Salt.
- Remove the sage leave bits and set aside.
- Prepare your crust.
- Using a pastry brush, brush sage butter over the crust.
- Sprinkle crust with a small amount of Pecorino Romano Cheese
- Add your Pumpkin Slices.
- Sprinkle with a little shredded Mozzarella and a little more Pecorino.
- Add 3 – 4 chiffonade sage leaves and Walnuts then sprinkle with Cracked Black Pepper.
- Sprinkle a little more Mozzarella and a little more Pecorino Romano.
- Bake Pizza on a preheated stone for 8-10 minutes
- Remove from oven, drizzle with sage butter and let set a few minutes before cutting to allow the cheese to set
NotesI love making Pizza... I love Pumpkin ... Not as in Pumpkin Pie, but as in savory Pumpkin Soup and Pumpkin Sauted with browned butter and sage.
Pumpkin, It's not just for Dessert anymore....
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Best of Eva's Family Recipes
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More