PUMPKIN PRALINE CAKE
- Servings: 15
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup whipping (heavy) cream
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- Note: Can substitute pumpkin pie spice for the cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
Heat oven to 350ºF.
Heat brown sugar, butter and whipping cream in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted.
Pour into ungreased rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches.
Sprinkle with pecans.
Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, nutmeg and cloves; set aside.
Beat sugar, oil, eggs and pumpkin in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 1 minute, scraping bowl constantly.
Gradually beat in flour mixture on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
Carefully spoon batter over pecan mixture.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool 10 minutes.
Place heatproof serving tray upside down onto pan; turn tray and pan over. Let pan remain over cake a few minutes.
Cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours