- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 15
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup whipping (heavy) cream
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- Note: Can substitute pumpkin pie spice for the cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Heat brown sugar, butter and whipping cream in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted.
- Pour into ungreased rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, nutmeg and cloves; set aside.
- Beat sugar, oil, eggs and pumpkin in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 1 minute, scraping bowl constantly.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Carefully spoon batter over pecan mixture.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Place heatproof serving tray upside down onto pan; turn tray and pan over. Let pan remain over cake a few minutes.
- Cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours
NotesMove over, pumpkin pie! And let your crowd eat cake.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Taste of CenturyLink
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More